- By far, the hardest part of the game is coming up with character names.
- All fantasy creatures (wolves, cougars, wild pigs, etc) carry on them a pair of tattered pants.
- I was able to trade 50+ items of tattered clothing for 400 bullets and 400 arrows. Score!
- Oh wait. I can't just throw arrows and bullets. And the store merchant won't buy them back. So these things are even more worthless than my 25 pairs of tattered pants. Fail.
- Playing as an "evil" cow shaman is WAY more fun than playing as a "good" human warrior.
- Upon first entering the human world, I see a human male something pounding THE HELL out of a tree with a wooden mallet.
- Upon first entering the cow world, I see several large male cows spinning furiously in circles.
- I decide to stop laughing at them when I walk into a torch and accidentally catch myself on fire.
- My human warrior man was much more patient than me. After being stabbed several times by some troll, he still doesn't have enough rage for a decent hit. When I just step on a belt buckle, I am brimming with rage. I can't imagine how full of rage I'd be if I was attacked by an ugly troll carrying two extra pairs of tattered pants.
- Cows and humans can't walk through walls, torches, or rocks. Though not from lack of trying!
- Though it is more convenient, walking backwards out of a room instead of turning around is a bit embarrassing.
- Though it promises to increase your health, sitting on the ground and eating a piece of bread in the middle of a battle is not a good idea.
- Are higher level players able to talk at me, through my speakers? Or was that the drugs kicking in? I passed a player-cow by a bridge (green text and everything), and she asked me, audibly, out loud, to help her find her dog. I stared at her for a while then ran away.
- The chat feature is not at all intuitive, and I'm much too impatient to read an instruction manual. So if you approached a shaman cow last night, and she stared at you for several awkward moments, and then ran away, I'M SORRY. I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT THE STUPID CHAT.
- So it turns out, when I'm a magic evil cow in a social situation with other magic evil cows, I act the exact same as I do in real life!
February 8, 2010
Seeing as most people I know play and love this game, I thought I'd try out the 10-day free trial. Here are my observations from my first (and probably last) two hours of playing World of Warcraft: