March 2, 2010

Today's lunch converation

Jill and I are eating lunch, talking about a relative we'd just recently had dinner with.

Me: He's kinda weird to talk to. I feel like I'm being condescended to, even though I know I'm not.
Jill: [shrugs] I don't ever feel that way.
Me: I think it comes from him being shy. Which is funny, because I'm always worried I come off as being snotty and condescending when I'm just shy.
Jill: He has confidence in his opinions, always thinks he's right, plus he's shy. I can see how that can feel like condescension.
Me: [light bulb goes off in head] He's just like me!
Jill: Haha. He kind of is!
Me: No wonder people don't like talking to me.

Do you know anyone that is a lot like you? If you met another person that was exactly like you, do you think you'd be good friends? I think I would, but it that it would take a very long time to discover such a person. Even if we were around each other all the time.

3 comments:

Windthicket Fables said...

LOL. I don't know. There is a certain girl from high school who is so much like me we could be twins, except we donn't look exactly alike...but I don't like her much. I try really hard to put up with her...bu thse just irritates and annoys the crap out of me.

Jill said...

You have "are" when you mean "our" at the top of this blog post.

READING YOUR BLOG SHOULD COUNT AS WORK. OH WAIT I AM AT WORK.

Jamie said...

ACTUALLY: I just switched "eating" and "are." FIXED. Fix verified. Closing.