October 12, 2009

Because, for some reason, it isn't obvious

New Rule for the universe!

When in a public restroom, you are NOT allowed to talk to your stall neighbors.

Apparently, this isn't some instinctively understood code of behavior. I have had this happen to me THRICE in my lifetime, the third time being today. And I'm only 27. That means, if I live a slightly longer than normal life time, this could happen to me nine times. That is nine times too many. So I'm taking a stand. Talking to the person in the bathroom stall next to you is NOT ALLOWED. And yes, [name removed], this rule applies to sisters.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh please. I just wanted you to know you could still make unseemly noises and not be embarrassed because it was just me in there.

I am opposed to talking in the bathroom too. I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't know for sure it was you.

DON'T MAKE IT SOUND LIKE I TALK TO PEOPLE IN THE BATHROOM ON A REGULAR BASIS. WELL I NEVER.

Jamie said...

It caused uncontrollable giggling! In a public restroom! THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE.

And I make all the noises I want. Living in Deseret Towers purged me of any bathroom sound related shame. (Unless that sound is talking. Or giggling.)