Other things I have said to Jill that indicate my Harry Potter nerdism:
- [While on a moving walkway at the airport] "I like to walk on these and imagine someone is watching me on a Marauder's map thinking 'how is she moving so fast?!'"
- [After a particularly great day or event.] "That was almost Patronus-level good."
- "Accio remote!" (This hasn't worked. Yet.)
- "Imagine he's a boggart and mentally Riddikulus him into something hilarious." (As a way to get through an excruciatingly boring meeting with a particularly obnoxious presenter. My favorite Riddikulus charm turns them into a Survivor contestant, crouching in the bushes giving a heart-felt confessional.)
- "If I were wearing a horcrux, I'd probably quit my job over this. I just need to take a xanax. It's no sword of Gryffindor, but it'll have to do."
Ok, so that last one is a bit emo. I blame the demetors! Maybe I need to eat more chocolate.