January 6, 2009

Questions. Questions that need answering!

My supervisor (The Ghost Lady) told me she heard of a movie theater in Utah that was allowing people to bring their pets to a special showing of Marley and Me. I googled long and hard, and this is the closest confirmation I could find.

If true, this comes close to the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I don't have a dog, so maybe I'm wrong, but I can't think of anything more terrifying for a dog than sitting in a dark room watching other dogs and people on a screen at least ten times larger than normal.

Other reasons why this idea is stupid:
  • The movie is about a dog. A really rambunctious dog, that would, I assume, be barking a lot. Barking dogs generally cause other dogs to bark. No one would be able to hear the movie.
  • If people treat dogs anything like children at movies, dogs will be running loose all over the place.
  • Poop.
  • If the above link is correct and it's only seeing eye dogs that are allowed, I have to wonder why anyone who needs a seeing eye dog is going to a movie.
All signs point to the story not being true, but the idea is so incredibly absurd that I can't help but be fascinated by it.

p.s.
I bet I could go several months using only LOTR quotes as my post titles. That is my first new year's resolution. Starting now.

No comments: